- Published: Monday, 27 October 2014 14:41
A fourth Ideas Box has arrived in the region of Makamba in Burundi!
For the first time, the Ideas Box is not installed inside a refugee camp, but in centers run by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), which hosts a population of young people in the participation of cultural activities and sports.
Located in a region with a large population of displaced persons and repatriates, these centers will now benefit from new resources and be able to offer a diverse program focused on culture, education, and information, which will promote the integration of these young people into the Burundian society, and thus provide them with essential tools to build their future.
Financed by the UNDP and open to the public since October 23rd, this Ideas Box is run by a team of 4 people:
- Nadine, librarian, in charge of the book collection
- Jésus Achille, cultural mediator and in charge of leading workshops
- Godefroid, digital facilitator, who is responsible for the digital module
- Bonaventure, in charge of the Ideas Box; he is the team and activities coordinator
More news on the Ideas Box and its users coming soon!